Hair care is a personal journey. One of the biggest debates out there, is how often should you wash your hair?
The truth is there's no one-size-fits-all answer. The ideal frequency for washing your hair depends on various factors, including hair type, lifestyle, and personal preferences.
Before we dive into the specifics, it is essential to understand your hair type. Do you have:
Oily Hair: If your scalp produces a lot of oil (sebum) that keeps your hair moisturized, you may need to wash your hair more frequently. Oily hair can start to look greasy within a day or two of washing.
Normal Hair: If your hair looks fresh and clean for 2-3 days after washing, you likely have normal hair. You can maintain your hair's health and appearance with a moderate washing routine.
Dry Hair: If your hair is naturally dry, you may not need to wash it as often. Frequent washing can strip away the little moisture your hair has, leading to dryness, frizz, and damage.
Color Treated Hair: If you color your hair, special care is advised. Frequent washing may cause the color to fade quicker and not appear as vibrant. Care for color treated hair includes products that are color safe.
Curly Hair: If your hair is naturally curly, you may struggle with frizz, dryness, and tangling. Care for curly hair includes products that provide moisturizing benefits.
There are also several factors that can influence how often you should wash your hair:
- Lifestyle: Do you engage in activities that make your hair dirty or sweaty? Active individuals may choose to wash their hair more frequently.
- Environmental Conditions: Those living in humid areas may choose to wash their hair more often to remove impurities.
- Hair Length and Style: Longer hair may require less frequent washing, as the natural oils have more surface area to distribute across. Similarly, certain hairstyles, like braids, can help reduce the need for frequent washing.
Now that you understand the different hair types and lifestyle factors that can impact your hair, here are the best Aquage Shampoos and Conditioners recommended for any routine!
For Oily Hair, that needs deep cleansing more often to remove oils:
- Why? This lightweight, deep-cleansing shampoo removes oils and leaves hair full of natural body and shine.
- Why? This ultralight, rinse-out conditioner instantly hydrates and detangles the hair while retaining natural body.
- Why? This oil absorbing, invisible, talc-free formula maintains excellent cleansing, while leaving hair voluminous, clean, and never dried out or sticky.
For Normal, or Dry to Curly Hair that need more moisture and care:
Aquage Sea Extend Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner
- Why? These sulfate, paraben, and sodium chloride free formulas are designed to help maintain strong hair, while treating and protecting from thermal damage. These products leave the hair feeling moisturized after every use.
Aquage Sea Extend Silkening Shampoo and Conditioner
- Why? These sulfate, paraben, and sodium chloride free formulas are designed to dramatically improve the manageability and feel of added moisture to coarse or dry hair It also helps protect thermally damaged hair.
Aquage Healing Conditioner
Why? Use this conditioner to help moisture and repair all types of hair while pairing with any Aquage Shampoo. Treat yourself to a deep treatment by leaving it on for 1-3 minutes.
For Color Treated Hair that needs more protection against color fading after a service:
Aquage Color Protecting Shampoo and Conditioner
- Why? These lightweight, moisture-replenishing formulas help to seal in color vibrancy.
Aquage Violet Brightening Shampoo and Conditioner
- Why? These formulas are designed to help maintain strong hair by reducing breakage and fighting frizz. Violet pigments counteract brassiness and undesirable yellow tones.
Bonus! All Aquage Shampoos and Conditioners contain AlgaePlex! A proprietary blend of harvested marine botanicals that actively nurture, hydrate, and protect to ensure the utmost hair health.